So I really have not given any thought to my 2014 race calendar yet, though I know a lot of people who have!
I have a few races I am interested in, so I figured I’d write them down so I can look back on them. Plus, I’m really chasing a 5K PR this spring/summer (25:43)!
March – Are You Faster Than A Ridge Runner 5K. My parents and I have ran this race for the past 2 years, so I’m sure we will be running it again!
April – Miles For Matheny 5K. This is another race my mom and I have done since 2010. It’s for a great cause-it benefits a school and hospital (The Matheny School) in my town for children and adults with developmental disabilities. This is actually where I got my 5K PR in 2012…so maybe this is the year I beat it on the same course!
May – (SLIGHT POSSIBILITY) Long Branch Half Marathon. I’m not 100% sure yet if I want to do a half marathon in the spring. I have liked taking a break from scheduled long distance running, and I like having a set lifting regimen again. So we’ll see in a month or two if I want to commit to a half. But it’s 45 minutes away from my house, and it was my first half marathon, so I’d be interested in running it again!
July - Asuncion Runners Half Marathon in Paraguay. This would be really cool if it pans out! My family is traveling to Paraguay this summer, and potentially Rio De Janeiro if we get tickets through the World Cup Lottery. This race is July 13, and we leave Paraguay on July 16, so I am thinking this race will work…and it will be my first international race!
Fall-ish – I do want to do a half marathon, and hopefully PR. Not sure where or when it will be, but I’m open to suggestions!
Other Fitness Goals
Besides some running PRs, there are other fitness related goals I am hoping to accomplish. Here are a few:
- As I mentioned in my 2014 goals post, I want to be able to do 3-5 unassisted pullups!
- PERHAPS I will try a mini (I’m talking mini) triathlon this summer. There is one in NJ that is like, swim 500 meters, bike 5-6 miles, run 5K. Totally doable for me
- Gain more muscle and get leaner through lifting heavy and cleaning up my diet.
- Squat in triple digits…currently at 70 lbs
- Get stronger at bench press…this is my ultimate weakness.
- Post a workout video once a week on my YouTube Channel, please subscribe!
OH, and I’ll also be running a bunch of NYRR races in NYC in order to qualify for the 2015 NYC Marathon!!! Anyone else??
What are your running and fitness goals?
Do you have a PR you really want to break?
Follow Reach Your Peak: