I made this meal last week, and actually made it last night too. It’s soooo good, and was a hit with my family. I always look for different ways to get in my veggies, and this did not disappoint.
Here’s the recipe I used from Bon Appetit. My modification and comments are in bold.
- 4 7-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, Pecorino, or Asiago cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces) I used Parmesan
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) I used normal breadcrumps, but less than 1/2 cup
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped, divided
- 2 large hearts of romaine, halved lengthwise
- 4 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained, chopped Did not use this
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges Oops, forgot to use this
Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Season chicken with salt and pepper; place on prepared sheet. Combine cheese, panko, 2 Tbsp. oil, parsley, and 1 garlic clove in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Pat panko mixture onto breasts. Roast chicken until crumbs begin to turn golden, about 10 minutes.
Drizzle romaine with 1 Tbsp. oil and sprinkle with remaining 1 chopped garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper. Remove sheet from oven; place romaine around chicken. Roast until chicken is cooked through and lettuce is browned at edges, about 5 minutes. Divide among plates. Top lettuce with anchovies; garnish with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Seriously SO GOOD. As I mentioned above, I didn’t use the requested amount of cheese or breadcrumbs but it was still delicious. Or you can use the amount needed (which I actually accidentally did last night)…no big deal. I also made a balsamic vinaigrette dressing to drizzle over the romaine. The first time we had it, we also used a croutons.
I also love that this recipe is quick and easy. Takes about 10 minutes to prepare, and 10-15 minutes to bake. I’m all about the quick dinners, but that are still healthy.
Let me know if you decide to try this out! I highly recommend it.
Do you have a quick and healthy dinner recipe? Please share in the comments!
Follow Reach Your Peak: