I found this great link-up on Miss Zippy’s blog and wanted to take part. 2013 was a great year for me in terms of running. I conquered some fears and mental roadblocks, and worked hard for a marathon PR. Hopefully there is more to come in 2014! Here are my answers to her running survey. If you fill it out, head over to her blog to participate in the link up!
- Best race experience? I mean…I think you know what I’m going to say. NYC MARATHON!! I didn’t run many races in 2013, not even a half marathon in my build up to NYC, because Hanson’s Marathon Method didn’t really recommend it. My training was 100% for NYC. I wanted that PR. And I got it! It was also a great experience to run 26.2 miles with my mom, and cross the finish line together.
- Best run? Hm…I’d have to say running on a trail that my mom and I just discovered this summer. We did short runs and long runs there. It’s paved and scenic…can’t wait to run there again this spring!
- Best new piece of gear? My Garmin! Finally invested in one. I used to use a Nike GPS watch but the screen went black. Then we used RunKeeper for the longest time but I wanted an actual watch for the marathon. It’s pretty on point in terms of distance, and is certainly handy!
- Best piece of running advice you received?
@PattyRivas13 Don’t worry about what you haven’t done. Be proud of what you have done. The worrying affects you more than the lack of work
— hansonsrun (@hansonsrun) October 18, 2013
*In reference to my worrying that missing days due to injury would affect my marathon. Everyone should remember this when they freak out about missing a few days!
- Most inspirational runner? Gosh there are so many awesome running bloggers I follow…I’m going to pick 2. Lindsey from Out For A Run, and Theodora from Losing Weight In The City. Lindsey is just a beast at running. She crushes it in training and I wish I had her work ethic when it comes to running! I hope to be as fast as her one day…but that is long ways away Theodora was one of the first bloggers I followed when I first started blogging. She has an amazing story as well, and has really gotten faster since she began her journey. I also hope to be as fast as her one day! Both of these ladies inspire me to get out the door and work my butt off for my goals.
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Hard work pays off. I went into marathon training with the goal of not only a PR, but finishing the race feeling good. I had the best race I could that day. I attest that to doing the most training I have ever done since starting to run. I ran the most monthly miles and the most miles in a year since 2010!!
2013 was truly a great year for running. I pushed myself and conquered my fear of running 6 days a week, and accomplished my goals. I can’t wait to try the Hansons Marathon Method again!
How was 2013 for you in terms of running and fitness?
What goals do you have for 2014?
Let me know if you fill this out for yourself! I’ll be doing a fitness related one in the next week or so.
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!
Follow Reach Your Peak: