Disclaimer: Food For Life provided me with product for this post. All opinions are my own.
Yesterday, I was in the cafeteria at work, watching a friend get a chicken quesadilla. Sadly, I brought my own lunch to work, so I couldn’t order one too. Which is why I made them for dinner instead!
I’ve been trying to figure out how I could use my Food For Life black rice tortillas, and thought this would be the perfect thing to whip up. It’s so easy to make because I only used 4 ingredients.
This was my first time trying this product by Food For Life (love their Ezekiel bread), and I was excited to try it because it was gluten free. I have also never tried anything made from black ride flour. Here are the ingredients:
Black Rice Flour, Organic Brown Rice Flour, Filtered Water, Organic Tapioca Flour, Safflower oil, Organic Chia Seeds, Rice Bran, Vegetable Gum (Xanthan Gum, Cellulose), Sea Salt. Certified Kosher by KOFK
The only comment I have about the tortillas is that they were kind of brittle, so it was hard to cut the quesadillas and have the wrap stay together. This is probably because it is gluten free.
I tried microwaving them first too, but it didn’t really help. Other than that, it tasted pretty good…it’s just that eating can get a bit messy!
- Food For Life Black Rice Tortillas
- Chicken Breasts
- Cheddar Cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Avocado (optional)
- Cut your chicken, either diced or strips, and grill.
- Remove chicken. Place your tortillla on the pan (on low heat), add cheese to half of the tortilla.
- Once cheese is melted, add chicken on top.
- Fold tortilla in half, and place a steak weight on top (if you have one). Leave there for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut into 3-4 pieces and serve!
Follow Reach Your Peak:
- Facebook – http://facebook.com/reachyourpeakfitness
- Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/reachyourpeak
- YouTube – http://youtube.com/reachyourpeak
- Twitter – @pattyrivas13
- Instagram – @pattyrivas13