This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.
When Tyson reached out to me to try out their Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast, I was really excited because I already use their fully cooked chicken strips.
During marathon training, I don’t get home until 7 pm or so, and then am in no mood to cook, especially something that will take an hour or more. I’m all about the simply and easy meals. Well, Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast makes that possible!
Since it’s fully cooked, all you have to do is warm it up, and cook your other ingredients. You can find these at WalMart, as well as their other Tyson® products.
Initially, I didn’t know what recipe I would create for this post, but then saw the perfect idea on the Tasty Facebook page (check it out for so many awesome recipe ideas).
This recipe is a one-pot cajun pasta recipe. I’ve never made a one-pot recipe, so decided to try and re-create it, though I did modify it a bit. I honestly did not expect it to come out like the video at all, but it was TRULY delicious and I will be including this into my dinner routine. Because the chicken was already cooked, it was quick and easy to make. Next time I just need to make more for leftovers!
Let’s go through the steps:
1. Throw in the chicken. I used about half of the package.
2. Add in your cajun seasoning, onions, peppers and garlic. Cook for a few minutes and stir consistently.
3. Add in your pasta (I used whole wheat), and enough chicken broth to cover everything. The recipe called for 5 cups, but I did probably around 3-4 then added water. I used Progresso Unsalted Chicken Broth. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the broth/water to your liking, I took it all out. Then add in parmesan cheese and stir it well.
And voila, you’re done! I sprinkled some green onions on top and then devoured this meal
- Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast
- Cajun Seasoning
- Pasta of your choice
- Chicken broth
- Other seasonings of your choice
- I'm not sure how much of the onions and peppers I used because I buy them pre-cut and eyeball my measurings.
If you like quick meals, I highly suggest you try out Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast. The options are endless for what you can use it in, and it really is a time-saver when it comes to cooking dinner. Their hashtag is #everydayeffortless and it is true!
Another one of my go-to meals using this chicken is pasta + chicken + add-ins of your choice (I use onions and peppers) + pasta sauce. Simple and delicious.
Have you tried Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast?
Do you have a “go-to” dinner recipe for busy nights?
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
Follow Reach Your Peak:
- Facebook – http://facebook.com/reachyourpeakfitness
- Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/reachyourpeak
- YouTube – http://youtube.com/reachyourpeak
- Twitter – @pattyrivas13
- Instagram – @pattyrivas13