In November, I recapped how I was doing on my 2014 resolutions. I haven’t made much progress since then which is fine. I’m proud of myself for getting close to my 5K PR…I know I can break that in the spring with the help of Coach Marc again.
I love New Year’s. Dan makes fun of me because it’s one of my favorite holidays – but what’s not to like? You celebrate with your loved ones and have a whole blank slate ahead of you. Anything can happen within the next 365 days…and I like the thought of that.
So I guess it’s time to talk about 2015 goals?? I’ll outline just a few and how I plan on achieving those goals.
- Spring 5K PR – I’m thinking an April 5K. We’ll see. How? I need to start running more. I’ve still been running since Philly Half but not more than 3 miles at a time. However, it has been at faster paces. I’ve been doing more tempo style running on the treadmill and adding in faster sprints. Getting “comfortable with being uncomfortable.” Plus, the treadmill is SO boring that I need to do workouts like this or I’ll never run haha. But yes, I will begin to run longer distances to train more.
- Spring Half Marathon – I don’t want to say I will PR because I said that before Philly and it was a major bonk. Instead, my goal will be to run a strong half marathon and NOT bonk. I went out too fast at Philly and it cost me.
- Suck it up and run outside. I hate running in the cold, but I know I won’t be running over 3 miles on the treadmill, so it’s time for my to get my @$$ outside. I always see people running in the cold and think that’s awesome…now I just need to do it myself! I have all the gear I just hate being cold!
- Bench press & squat PR – I haven’t lifted regularly in a looong time. I really loved the Get Swole program and think I will restart that. It got me to be the strongest I ever have been. My squat PR is 100 lbs and bench is 60 lbs. I need to break both of those!
- Fall Marathon PR – No clue which one yet but I do know I will be after a PR. I should start running more asap now that I think of it…I want a solid base by the time that training starts!
- 4 Mile PR – lol I said I’d only list a few and as I keep writing more and more goals come to mind. My mom and I will be doing the NYRR 9+1 program again this year, which means lots of 4 mile races in Central Park. I can’t even think of my PR off the top of my head right now but I think it’s around 36 minutes? This just reminded me that I need to start registering for those raceS!
- YouTube Videos – This was my 2014 resolution and I went strong for about 2 months! I uploaded a new video each week on my YouTube channel…I’m going to try to get back into making fitness and health videos. Make sure to follow my channel for updates!
- Volunteer - Lastly, I’d like to do more volunteer work in 2015. Not sure what yet…but there are many causes I’m passionate about. Both here and in my country Paraguay. I’ll keep you posted on what I choose!
Tonight we’re just going to a friend’s house party which I’m excited for. It’ll be nice to have a nice, chill place to drink and have fun with friends as opposed to a crowded bar where people bump into you and you spill your drink everywhere. Don’t get me wrong, I love going out to bars and clubs and dancing the night away but New Year’s is just too packed.
I’m still dressing up though and hope I’m not the only one! I NEVER get to dress up considering I’m in workout clothes 99% of my life (at work, and then I leave work to go to the gym soooo…). So when I get the chance to dress up, I love wearing a dress, and doing my hair and makeup.
Thank you all for reading in 2014! I read all your comments and love hearing your thoughts, advice, etc. The fitness blogging community is awesome!
What are you doing to ring in the New Year? What’s one main resolution you have?
Follow Reach Your Peak:
- Facebook – http://facebook.com/reachyourpeakfitness
- Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/reachyourpeak
- YouTube – http://youtube.com/reachyourpeak
- Twitter – @pattyrivas13
- Instagram – @pattyrivas13