Okay so yesterday I actually got up to exercise in the morning. I know, I know…”Wow Patty you actually woke up early??”
I budgeted time for a 30 minute workout. The night before my mom and I said we’d go for a run but when I woke up I knew that wasn’t happening. I felt like a zombie! I was still groggy and tired as I brushed my teeth and got changed. I put on my sneakers but told my mom we would just have to go for a walk…a run would be way too jarring at that moment.
And then I thought, how do people do this?? Just roll out of bed and go for a run?? We ended up walking a 1/2 mile, and then doing some hill sprints on this steep hill by my house (30 sec. sprints) and then walking back. I’d say that was a pretty good way to start my day!
So morning people, here are a few questions for you:
- Do you just roll out of bed, brush your teeth, change and go for a run? Do you feel totally awake when you start running?
- OR do you budget time to get up, eat breakfast, digest, slowly wake up and then go running?
- Are you hungry when you wake up? Because I’m hungry and need to eat something first.
- If you’re not a morning runner, but do exercise in the morning what other workouts would you suggest that would be a bit less “intense” than running. I think I’d rather just run in the evening when I’m most energized.
- If you drink coffee before a run, how much time beforehand do you drink it?
- Anyone do lunch time runs?
Those are just a few questions I have for you I’m considering doing other forms of exercise in the AM as well. I’m not training for anything right now, so I think for me something like yoga or going for a bike ride would be better. I’m just NOT a morning person!! I wish I was like Dan, who’s alarm goes off and he jumps out of bed and is ready to go. I snooze about 2-3 times every morning. I budget in snooze time (anyone else?).
I have the most energy at night. I’m pretty wired and ready to go, and most nights I have to make myself go to bed because I know I need my 8 hours, not because I’m feeling tired at all. I could easily stay up until past midnight doing work if I wanted to. But I do wish I could be a morning person!
I’d love to hear your answers to some of my questions…I’d really appreciate it!
Are you a morning person? Do you just hop out of bed and are ready to go? I’m jealous.
Follow Reach Your Peak: