I was inspired to write this post after seeing this post by FitnessMomWineCountry. I had seen the original BuzzFeed article (75 Thoughts Every Runner Has While Out For A Run) and thought it was hilarious. We have definitely all thought these things before!
So why not make my own list? I haven’t been running much lately, but will start up again soon to train for my July half marathon. I almost always have the following things running through my brain:
- Okay let’s just walk for, like, 5 minutes to warm-up.
- Screw it, I want to just start running, okay here we go.
- I’m feeling awesome! My music is playing, I feel great…I could probably run forever today.
- Wait, is that my shin that is hurting a little. Is it hurting? Should I stop? Nah, I’ll keep running, it’s probably a phantom pain.
- Yay the pain went away…keep running…
- Mile 1 down, X to go.
- Why does the second mile always seem to drag on?
- Ugh not in the mood for this song. Let’s skip it. Skipping a song on my phone while running is much harder than it looks.
- Fine let me walk for a second to find a song. Okay, found one. Back to running.
- I think I have to go to the bathroom…do I? Hmm…there is a bathroom at the library…
- I wonder what I look like to other people while I’m running (glances at reflection in storefront window).
- I feel like I’m flying! (looks at window, “I certainly don’t look like I’m flying.”)
- *Looks at watch* Only X miles?!?! I feel like I’ve been running forever…
- Look into homes as I run past them and imagine what those people’s lives are like (you know you’ve done it too…I’m not the only creep).
- What races should I register for coming up?
- Okay last mile let’s pick it up a bit…maybe some fartleks.
- *During speed portion of fartlek* I bet all these cars driving by think I’m running so fast, and that this is my pace for the whole run! (hehe)
- Actually, they probably don’t even notice me or care.
- Hello fellow runner. *Little wave*
- Finally back home. Time to stretch.
No really, who else looks at their reflection while they’re running? You know you do
Leave a comment with a few of your thoughts while you are out running!
Follow Reach Your Peak: