It’s Social Media Week! I went last year with my dad and loved it. We only went 1 day, but attended a bunch of events. That’s our plan this year as well. We will be heading into NYC on Thursday, and have 2 definite events on our docket, and one that we are waitlisted for.
If you have a business, or work in social media, this is an awesome event to attend. There are paid events, and you can buy an all-access pass as well. But there are also free events. The ones we signed up for are free. Here’s what we plan on attending this year:
- Start-Up Pitch Doctors – We want to go hear pitches and network with other entrepreneurs.
- Go Ahead In Digital: Analytics – We are on the waitlist but I really hope we get in! Tracking analytics is so important, and something I’m still learning about.
- Exploring Deep Creativity – It sounds cool and I’m always looking for inspiration for new ideas.
I’m sure I’ll be live-tweeting, so if you’re interested in what I learn, follow me on Twitter!
Blogging Concentrated NYC
I am really, really excited for this event in March. I have wanted to go to a blogging conference for a while, and found this one by simply looking up “blogging conferences nyc.”
I am in the process of redesigning my blog, and am working to continue to grow it. Health, fitness and writing are my passions. This is a 1 day event that will teach you a whole lot about blogging, monetization, and more. Here are some topics they will cover:
- Image Marketing: The Formula
- Anatomy of a Perfect Post
- Ebook Strategy: Pricing, Empire building, and where
- The Vital Connection Between Brands and your Audience
- Advanced Keyword Research
- How to build a revenue stream, then grow it through measurement
- …and much more.
Most of what I know has been self-taught…through Google , so I’m really excited to go learn from other bloggers who have been successful, and learn more about things I have no clue about (eBooks, connecting with brands, etc.). They also have various events in different cities, if you’re not near the NYC location.
You can find out more about the event & register on their website.* Let me know if you decide to go, and perhaps we can meet in person!
*Disclaimer: This is a referral link provided to me by Blogging Concentrated. If you register, I do get commission. All thoughts and opinions are my own
Have you ever been to a blogging conference? Which one and what did you think?
What topic would you like to learn more about?
Anyone going to Social Media Week?
Follow Reach Your Peak: