Last night, I decided to whip out the good ol’ crockpot again. I bought it last year on Black Friday for like five bucks, but only ended up using it a handful of times. I really need to use it more often.
So anyway, I decided to try a recipe inspired by Hummusapien’s Almond Butter Broccoli Stir-Fry. I googled almond butter crockpot chicken, and found a recipe by Rachel Schultz. Her pics made it look delicious, so I figured why not.
Here are her ingredients and instructions, with what I did and used in bold.
Skinny Crockpot Thai ChickenServes: 3-4Ingredients
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, diced (Didn’t have this)
- 1 onion, chopped (Used garlic instead, didn’t have onions)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (Used almond butter)
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup vegetable broth (Did not use this)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon cumin (Didn’t have this, used basil instead)
- Brown rice
- Chopped scallions (Didn’t have this)
- Crushed peanuts (Didn’t have this)
*So basically I didn’t have anything, but whatever.Instructions
- Place chicken in the base of crock pot. Top with red pepper and onion.
- In a bowl, mix together peanut butter, lime juice, vegetable broth, soy sauce, and cumin. Pour sauce over chicken. (Didn’t really come out as a sauce for me, so I used a brush to spread it evenly over chicken.)
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Remove from slow cooker and serve over brown rice. (I served with rice and a lot of sauteed broccoli slaw inspired by Hummusapien’s dish above! Try it!)
- Top with scallions, peanuts, and cilantro. (Didn’t do this)
Goes to show, even if you don’t have all the ingredients, you can still make a delicious dinner. Everyone loved it!
The winner of a custom-made make up bag is……..
I used a random picker tool to pick a winner:
You can pick from the available swatches (and that pink chevron fabric is available too). Email me once you decide and we’ll set everything up!
Thanks to everyone who entered and commented…I appreciate your support! To show my appreciation, I’m offering a 10% off discount on all items in my store until Saturday at 12AM. Just use the code THANKYOU upon checkout.
I actually just added this new item yesterday.
It’s a large tote bag that’s perfect for the gym or for travel-and water resistant inside! There is only 1 available with this fabric pattern, so it will be exclusive
Thank you for your support, especially in helping the children of Paraguay with each purchase. My mom and I truly appreciate it, and can’t wait to add more bags to the shop! Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions at all.
What’s your favorite pattern style?
Do you use a crockpot? Please share some recipes!
Follow Reach Your Peak:
- Facebook – http://facebook.com/reachyourpeakfitness
- Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/reachyourpeak
- YouTube – http://youtube.com/reachyourpeak
- Twitter – @pattyrivas13
- Instagram – @pattyrivas13