My friend told me to try this recipe for “protein bites,” so I finally did…and it certainly did not disappoint! If you’re looking for something all-natural, and just as tasty as a granola bar or sweet treat, then you need to try this.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or dried fruit
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter/whatever butter you like)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla (oops I just realized I forgot to use this…oh well, it’s still so good!
- Stir all the ingredients together in a large bowl. I used my hands to make sure everything was mixed together.
- Let chill in the fridge for about an hour
My friend suggested putting them in ziploc bags in the freezer so they keep their shape, and you can save them longer. Seriously, they are delicious. I have a sweet tooth problem, so I always look for healthy and all-natural options for when I’m craving a cookie or something.
Obviously you can’t eat the entire batch just because it’s all-natural. Moderation is still key. With the amounts listed above, I made 15 protein balls, and according to my calculations (and with the ingredients I used), it’s about 100 calories each. I also accidentally got sweetened coconut flakes, so that’s probably extra calories.
Let me know if you decide to try them & what you think!
Do you have a “go-to” for when your sweet tooth strikes?
Follow Reach Your Peak:
- Facebook – http://facebook.com/reachyourpeakfitness
- Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/reachyourpeak
- YouTube – http://youtube.com/reachyourpeak
- Twitter – @pattyrivas13
- Instagram – @pattyrivas13