I have finally found a protein pancake recipe I like!!!
I tried making them once and it was a major fail…did not taste good at all. Which is why I was scared of trying to make it again. But I figured I’d experiment after I saw this recipe on Slimsanity.
I modified it a bit…and it ended up being delicious!
Original recipe by: Slimsanity
My Modified Recipe:
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I used Vega Sport Performance Vanilla)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1 egg
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mash together.
- Put contents in a Magic Bullet or blender. I used a Magic Bullet, and actually had to add a bit more almond milk for it to be able to blend and get a “pancake like consistency.”
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, and add a bit of coconut oil or oil of your choice. Pour batter into three pancakes.
- Cook on each side 2-3 minutes. Serve with banana (or fruit of choice), honey, or peanut/almond butter. Or all three like I did!
Have you ever tried making protein pancakes? How did they come out? Please share your recipe!
Follow Reach Your Peak: