This dinner was delicious! I got the inspiration from Tasty Kitchen but modified a lot of it.
This was my first “Whole30″ dinner of the week. My mom and I planned out all of our meals for the next few days and it’s hanging on our fridge. Who would have thought this would make eating healthier so much easier than just winging it! Common sense, I know…but I had never thought to do this!
Anyway, here is how I made this great, healthy dish:
1. Cut up chicken breast and cook in a pan. I used coconut oil to grease the pan. Add spices. I used garlic, thyme, basil and pepper.
2. Cut up your veggies while the chicken cooks, then add to the chicken mix and cook on low. I used broccoli, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes.
3. I had to move the chicken and veggies to a pot because it got too crowded. I poured 1 can of coconut milk into the previous pan so it would soak up the leftover spices. I let it simmer on low for 5 minutes, then added to the pot with the chicken and veggies. Let it simmer again for 5-10 minutes on low.
4. Now it’s ready to serve over spaghetti squash! Enjoy!
Ingredient list (serves 4-5)
- 1 package of chicken breast
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 a packed of diced mushrooms
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
Please let me know if you try this out!