I had the best lunch today…and it was something new for me to try.
I had never tried collard greens before but had always meant to try them in wraps. But I’m always hesitant trying new foods. Well, I finally got around to trying it today and it was delicious! What a great way to get in a serving of vegetables. Here’s how I made my wrap:
- 1 leaf of collard
- honey dijon mustard
- hummus of your choice
- all-natural turkey breast
- 1 slice of cheese of your choice
- alfalfa sprouts
- Spread 1 tablespoon of hummus on the leaf. You can use more or less. Then drizzle some honey dijon mustard.
- Place 4-5 pieces of turkey breast on the hummus, then your slice of cheese. I split my cheese in half to distribute evenly.
- Add a heaping amount of alfalfa sprouts (or you can chose another veggie of your choice such as mixed greens, cole slaw, tomatoes, etc).
- Wrap, cut in half and enjoy!
You can obviously make many types of wraps, and I definitely plan on experimenting with this more. Here’s the finished product (after I had already eaten half because I forgot to take a picture initially):
Anyway, today in NJ it’s a cold, dreary, rainy day. I posted on my Facebook page earlier about how this shouldn’t deter you from getting to the gym. If you don’t feel like driving in certain conditions, just work out at home! You don’t even need equipment.
Here’s my workout challenge for you today…if you complete it, let me know what you think! As usual, warm up before exercise (perhaps by doing my warm-up video?) and repeat the whole thing 3-5x through.