TGIF! Happy Friday everyone! Have any exciting plans for the weekend? Working out? Maybe trying out my new Ab Attack video?
Anyways, a few days ago I wanted something different for breakfast. I usually just have eggs and chicken sausage. I didn’t have many ingredients on hand, so I searched for an easy protein pancake recipe and found this one by Jonathon’s Fitness. So simple and easy! Here is his recipe with my modifications in bold.
- 1/2 cup dry oatmeal
- 2 tbs of peanut butter
- 3 egg whites
- 1 medium sized egg (I didn’t see this for some reason, and only used egg whites. Maybe that’s why they ended up so dry??)
- 2 scoops of protein powder
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1. Grease and preheat skillet
- 2. Blend ingredients (used a Magic Bullet to blend and it worked great)
- 3. Pour in skillet until golden brown
It was delicious! Since I forgot an egg, I think it came out too dry, so I just added some organic orange marmalade on top. I made 2 and could only get through 1 before being stuffed! Definitely plan on making these again when I feel like switching up my breakfast.
Do you have a go-to breakfast you have almost daily? Or do you eat something different every day?