This is a fun post inspired by Theodora at Losing Weight in the City. It’s a great way to recap 2012 and relive some running moments I may have forgotten about. Here we go:
1. Best Race Experience: I loved all of the NYRR races this past year (me and my mom’s first year with NYRR). But my favorite was definitely the 5th Avenue Mile. I had an awesome race, it was so thrilling running 1 mile down 5th Ave, and I chatted with Kara Goucher and Jenny Simpson.
2. Best Run: I can’t pinpoint one specific training run that I loved, but I know that running in the fall was my favorite time. This year especially because I wasn’t marathon training in the fall. I was able to really enjoy my fall runs without worrying about distance and pace. Who doesn’t love fall scenic runs like this?
3. Best piece of new gear: Nike capri pants. I always said I’d never wear capri spandex to run or the gym. I thought it’d be too hot, so I always wore shorts. Now I love capris!
4. Best piece of running advice: Hmmm, I will go with my running coach Marc. He pushes me to work hard and not make excuses. I’ve been training him with 2 years now, crazy! Whether it’s advice about pacing, races, shin splints/injuries…he is always responsive and helps me out.
5. Most inspirational runner: I’d have to say Dorothy (from mile-posts). I only recently stumbled upon her blog but she has run 20+ marathons! She truly inspires me to work hard and chase my dreams. Her mantra of “I Run This Body” is one I repeat to myself in races, and a good reminder that a lot of it is all mental.
6. If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Exciting…successful…relaxed….and marathon qualifier because my mom and I completed the NYRR 9+1 races to automatically qualify for the 2013 ING New York City Marathon!
What are your greatest moments? How about 2013 Goals? I will be writing a separate post on my 2013 health/fitness goals…stay tuned