I originally found this recipe via PaleOMG and thought I need to try this. I love meatloaf, I love chicken, and I love things with easy prep time.
I will put her recipe below, and list what my modifications were in bold. I didn’t have some ingredients, but it still turned out delicious and was a hit with my family! The only main thing missing was onions and celery, so I guess when I throw those in it will be even better!
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour or ½ cup almond flour/meal *I didn’t have almond flour, so I used about 3-4 tablespoons of rolled oats instead for binding purposes
- 3-4 tablespoons hot sauce (I used Red Hot)
- 2 stalks of celery, diced *I didn’t have this but will add next time
- ¼ small yellow onion, diced *I didn’t have this but my mom isn’t a huge fan of onions anyway
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder *I used 1.5 teaspoons of diced garlic instead of powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper *I didn’t have this so I used basil for seasoning
¼ teaspoon celery salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to mix thoroughly.
- Plop mixture into two mini loaf pans OR one large loaf pan. You make the call my friend.
- Bake for 25-35 or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- I used the poke technique. Poke the meat, if it sinks in, like it’s uncooked, it probably is.
- Let cool.
- HOLY CRAP THAT WAS EASY!
As she says, it really is SO easy. Therefore, it’s also easy to make extra for leftovers. Which is what I am eating for lunch as I type this
I have never had meatloaf made out of ground chicken before, but I already know this will be a staple in my household.
Let me know if you decide to try this, and what you think!